Friday, July 6, 2007

Superheros - Why Red and Blue?

Ever wonder why the superheros of the comic world are always so heroic, just and self-sacrificing? And have you wondered why in the world are their costumes are always Red and Blue in colour?

Well, just try to recall where did all these superheros originate and you will know the reason. Apparently, the comic/cartoon artists tend to think that their country also exhibit the same attributes as the same superheros I mentioned. (This is of course abit biased and subjective, many people may dispute that!)

I only made this observation a couple days ago while watching Transformers. Also one of my favorite cartoons shows of all time, now made into life-action movie with the best CGI graphics I have seen.

There I was looking at the charismatic Optimus Prime standing on the gigantic telescope with the rest of the Autobots when I suddenly realised his colours were similar to Superman, Spiderman .... erh... Captain America (obviously but also with additional white colour). By the way, I think new Optimus in the movie is the coolest amongst them, although Spidey is also another favourite. Good thing, Optimus was still voiced by Peter Cullen from the cartoon show as I could remember it very well.

Any idea which superheros has the same fashion tastes as our four saviours of world?

No comments: