Monday, April 30, 2007

Meus Primoris Stipes - My First Posting

Meus Primoris Stipes means "My First Posting" in Latin. I used the website tranexp to translate what most people would say is a dead language. Well, for me it is a language that I had always wanted to learn, but never got about doing so. Why you may ask? Maybe its because I have always been student of ancient history and the Roman Empire is definitely one of my favourites.

I have always to start a blog, and finally tonight I have done it!
It seems that I am a late bloomer after all as I read that blogs are reaching their peak in this
Business Week article.

This blog will serve as a medium for my thoughts, reflections, and ideas. Hopefully, I can also put to pen my thoughts of the many books that I read. Some may argue that reading of traditional books has become cumbersome and old-world as compared the light-speed of searching information and knowledge in the internet.

The lines has somewhat blurred with
Google scanning collections of books from the major university libraries . It seems likely that this would become a reality some day, but for most major publishers, they see this as a major threat to their businesses.

If searching through the internet can bring about far better and greater access to the knowledge stored in the books I would welcome it totally. It will make the internet the greatest Knowledge Management system in the world!

No comments: