Sunday, October 14, 2007

Exams... Exams... Exams

The dreaded word of all students has finally dawned upon me.... Exams! The whole month of November will see my mugging hard for my examinable subjects. Hmmnn... surely I should be able clear it ah..!

This is the part of any course that I have taken in the past years that really makes me feel compelled to do.... Otherwise it has always self-motivation that had enabled me to read and study subjects of my interest.

Sometimes, I really wonder whether there will a structured formal course from an academic institution would sprout out to accomodate a non-examinable format. Well, it did come about when I read about problem based learning that Republic Polytechnic offers.

I attended one of its seminar which introduced the Academic Associate position. Apparently, the polytechnic hires part-timers to conduct and facilitate its courses with students. Pays SGD300 a day for a someone to do this... Talked to some of my classmates who are doing this full-time and they tells me its not easy work...

If one day, all academic courses from Primary School all the way to the University do it in a non-examinable way... it will be the most joyous day for all students! For me, it would be too late... I don't think I shall live to see that day ah...

No comments: