Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Little Prince:


I have been reading a children's book, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery recently.

Surprisely, I find myself having difficulty understanding it on my first read. I was perhaps able to grasp the underlying message the author was trying to tell the reader. I don't know, but maybe it is meant to be read lesuirely as it is classified as a children's book.

But somehow, Saint-Exupery manages to tell the tale of the little prince and at the same time explores a very human condition of man. There are several characters which appears this novel which I trying to decipher:

(1) the King
(2) the Conceited Man
(3) the Drunkard
(4) the Businessman
(5) the Lamplighter
(6) the Geographer
(7) the Snake
(8) the Fox
(9) the Flower

Well... will repost my thoughts and reflections once I have gained a deeper understanding....

No comments: